Tomosynthesis (3D) is an advanced type of mammogram providing radiologists three dimensional slices through the breast tissue. This type of mammogram especially benefits patients with heterogeneously dense breast. These further steps means an additional charge; however, certain insurances will cover the cost.
We offer this distinct service in our Chattanooga Outpatient Center and Battlefield locations.
- Typically results in improved breast cancer detection rates and fewer “call-backs”
- Earlier detection of small breast cancers that may be hidden on a conventional mammogram
- Greater likelihood of detecting multiple breast tumors
- Greater accuracy in pinpointing the size, shape, and location of breast abnormalities
- Fewer unnecessary biopsies or additional tests
- Clearer images of abnormalities within dense breast tissue