PET / CT
PET, short for positron emission tomography, is one of the newer imaging studies helping change the detection and treatment of cancer and Alzheimer's disease. PET was first used in research over 50 years ago. Now the technology of PET has been married to the technology of x-ray computer tomography (CT) to make the new PET/CT scanner.
PrimeImaging brought the first PET scanner to the Chattanooga area over ten years ago and had performed more PET scans and PET/CT scans than any other local radiology group.
- Shows all the organs of the body in one image
- May show changes before CT or MRI scans
- Shows if you have cancer and how far it has spread
- Can be used to look at the response of your cancer treatment
- Generally painless and noninvasive